B U L L E T I N

PLEASE VISIT www.CenterforPluralism.com for all information - Please note that this site was Foundation for Pluralism before

-----------------------------

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

You, me and us.

I loved this poem on diversity by my facebook friend Shamim Sadiq and pleased to share with my world of Pluralism. She originally wrote in praise of Obama, and now enhanced it reflect the diversity of our nation.

You, Me ,Us-----
Beautiful picture of Diversity
--------------------------------------------------------

Watching Joel, Mary, Imad’s effort made me tearful
My soul however echoed, silly just be hopeful

It’s amazing how they are working on diversity
To fill our hearts with tranquility

People in Kenya are in awe, and excited
The hope inspired in them makes everyone delighted
People in England are saying that men of peace are here
Indonesia is proud of them and feels their presence every where

The whole world is raising the toast of cheers
The men of diversity are here to answer our prayers

There was a time when an African American was considered three fifth of a human
The president challenged that, now everyone is saying ' You Go Man "

Poverty and hunger is a big issue around the world
Lets all work together on that war, and write that goal in gold
Nations could never be won over with war
Try negotiating a peace strategy ,which will take us very far

America is a land of opportunity
Let the world know that we believe in world harmony

Muslims, Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Bahais, Hindus, Natives and Atheists are all one
Under one umbrella of God, each with different road to run
Be the anchor of world peace, and bring people together
Peace helps us come closer, hatred will just take us away farther

Let us be the chosen ones to connect the world
Turn it into a nice latticework, with cords of strength that will hold
There will be no nations but one big family
Kenya, India, South Africa, will all be together and happy

I know we can do it, so please let us not let others down
Let’s work together and replace people’s frustrations and frown

I want to look forward to going to Iran, Iraq, and meet the people like me
This fuzzy vision, over the course of years have made it difficult for me to see
That John, Mary, Isaac, or Mohammed is my relative from another mother
We all are one , guarded under one roof of our protector

Let you, me be the one chosen to handle the worldly chaos
We will have a plan, if we follow the directions of heavenly boss

Say to yourself the world is my home, and people are my family
I'll work on integrating them, and turn it into one big assembly

Hope, peace, change on earth is my Motto
I will work hard towards it, starting pronto

Peace on Earth
Shamim Sadiq

1 comment:

  1. The world is my home, and people r my family.
    excellent.

    ReplyDelete