B U L L E T I N

PLEASE VISIT www.CenterforPluralism.com for all information - Please note that this site was Foundation for Pluralism before

-----------------------------

Monday, March 30, 2015

Prayers are good! Am I a Christian, Jew, Hindu?

Prayers are good! Am I a Christian, Jew, Hindu?

This senior couple was irresistible; eyes closed, holding each other’s hand, they were praying before eating their breakfast at McDonald’s this morning in Jackson, Tennessee on I-40. After I picked my coffee, I stopped and told them how much I appreciated them, it was nice to see them pray and have that peaceful moment of prayer together. 





I asked their permission to take their picture and told them that I will write on my face book and my blog and will be happy to send to them. They said, they did not have an email account, nor do they have a face book account, she said, but we see each other’s face with admiration all day long! Wow!

They asked me if I was a Christian – broadly yes, if it means embracing the whole humanity, loving fellow beings, seeking forgiveness and forgiving, and taking care of fellow beings, I would qualify to be a Christian.

I loved the expressions on their face and invariably they asked what are you, a Hindu? Broadly yes, if it means considering the entire world as my family… and I would qualify to be a Hindu.

They started laughing, would you qualify to be a Muslim?  I said, of course I do, if it means treating every human on an equal footing, and being just to fellow beings…. and by the way, I am a Muslim.

They did not know what to say..... then they recovered and said, " Then  you are the first Muslim I have talked with in person, you are alright..."

Am I a Jew? Yes, I am. Am I a Buddhist? Yes I am. Am I an Atheist? Yes I am.  Each one of us is a composite being, and we can express the whole of us or part of us.

IT was a good 15 hours drive from Jeffersonville, Indiana to Dallas, Texas the mind was occupied with ideas, plans and enjoying what the creator has endowed us all with.  I have so much to thank for… God has been good to me.
Thank you

mike

Mike Ghouse, President
America Together Foundation
(214) 325-1916 text/talk

...............................................................................................................................

Mike Ghouse is a public speaker, thinker, writer and a commentator on Pluralism, Islam, India, Israel-Palestine, Politics and other issues of the day. He is a human rights activist, and his book standing up for others will be out soon | He is producing a full feature film " Sacred" to be released on 9/11 and a documentary "Americans together" for a July 4 release.  He is a frequent guest commentator on Fox News and syndicated Talk Radio shows and a writer at major news papers including Dallas Morning News and Huffington Post. All about him is listed in 63 links at www.MikeGhouse.net and his writings are at www.TheGhousediary.com - Mike is committed to building cohesive societies and offers pluralistic solutions on issues of the day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment